“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates
Studies show that over half the population of the United States will
use some form of alternative medicine this year.
What is causing this trend?
What has changed in the last 40 years that has so many people turning from their doctors and drugs to herbology and other forms of alternative medicine?
- MEDICAL MISTAKES: According to the medical report Death by Medicine, by Dr.’s Gary Null, Carolyn Dean, Martin Feldman, Debora Rasio and Dorothy Smith, 783,936 people in the United States die every year from conventional medicine mistakes.
That’s the equivalent of six jumbo jet crashes a day for an entire year. But where is the media attention for this tragedy? Where is the government support for stopping these medical mistakes before they happen?
- DANGEROUS DRUGS: A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association found that an estimated 100,000 people die every year due to correctly prescribed medications.
Prescription drugs or any supplement that contains chemicals or unnatural substances alter our brain chemistry, hormones and mentality. There are some prescriptions that work because the drugs involved fool our brain into thinking the opposite of what we are experiencing. The point of this is to trick our brain into not sending communication to our nerves-this allows us to think that everything is fine when it may not be. When all else fails this is usually the type of drug we are prescribed when the doctors do not know what to do.
Prescription drugs most often contain chemicals and hormones. To break down the effects on the body and how dangerous it can be, the following can help you better understand:
- Chemicals will fluctuate the actual chemical balance in the brain. This will often subside your symptoms but will rarely fix the problem. Why? Because the chemical fluctuation blinds your body regarding the symptoms themselves, making you think the problem is being fixed.
- When you take prescriptions drugs for mental issues (i.e. depression, anxiety, phobias, aggression) it actually creates a dependency on these drugs. Once you stop taking the drug, your brain will experience mental distress and become confused as it will no longer understand its purpose. Why does this occur? Because your brain has specific levels already designed. Because of your certain genetic makeup, uniqueness and personality, your brain facilitates to your individuality. If you alter the chemistry your brain will no longer understand its job, because the prescription drug has taken over. If you decide to stop you will most likely experience a severe adverse reaction. Your mind will no longer be happy or healthy and will begin to experience such a massive depression because of the confusion that can lead to mental and emotional breakdowns, and in some cases suicide.
Prescription drugs that are hormonally based require a synthetic hormone in the drug. For problems with hormonal deficiencies such as infertility, sexual problems, and emotional issues the synthetic hormones involved usually come from animals (such as horses) which is very unnatural for our bodies to experience. Because animal hormones are not natural to our body it can cause cancers, tumors, and so much more because of this foreign element.
– Every drug has side effects, some of them are very lethal –
HERBS ARE SAFE: For thousands of years, herbs have been used to treat and prevent disease. In that time, very few adverse reactions have been reported. When adverse reactions do occur, they are usually the result of a mixture of herbs and pharmaceutical drugs.
LOOK TO THE CAUSE: In order to effectively deal with health problems, herbalists look to the cause of disease instead of just the symptoms.
HERBS WORK: Natural healers throughout history have witnessed the healing power of herbs.
Natural herbal remedies do not alter hormone balance, change chemical levels in the brain or trick your body. Why? Because the herbs contain certain properties that are meant to regulate the functions of the body and promote healing and health. They are not synthetic or man made, they are simply from the earth and are here to help with problems that we face.
Herbal supplements are a healthy alternative to prescription drugs. People have been using herbs and plants as medicine since the dawn of time. Prescription drugs are a fairly new concept in terms of the last century. Issues of infertility, emotional disorders, organ trouble, brain function, pain, arthritis, among countless others have all been experienced since creation. These health issues are not new. For thousands of years these problems have been fixed and corrected by natural remedies.
Tens of thousands of people rely on herbs instead of drugs when they feel ill.
Peace and Love,
“Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open.” ~B.K.S. Iyengar